The one-size-fits-all approach rarely works for everyone, and certainly not when it comes to temperature control. The members of your family and rooms in your home all have different needs when it comes to heating and cooling, and the best way to make sure all those needs are met is through zoned temperature control. A zoning system benefits your home and family by allowing you to divide your square footage into different climate zones and adjusting the temperature in each as desired.
What Is a Zoning System?
A zoned HVAC system is operated by a system of thermostats which are all connected to a main control panel, working in tandem with a series of dampers located in the ductwork to control cooling and heating in each specified zone. This type of system is particularly beneficial if your home has:
- One or more levels
- Finished spaces in the attic or basement
- Large open areas
- A room over the garage
- A section built over a concrete slab
- Any room with a large expanse of glass
- Or if your lifestyle requires different temperatures in different areas or temperature patterns vary throughout your home at different times of the day.
Zoning System Benefits
- Energy savings – By only heating or cooling the occupied areas of your home, you can realize an instant savings on your monthly energy bill, and even more when used in conjunction with a programmable thermostat.
- Prolonged life span of your HVAC system – By reducing the workload on your system, you reduce the wear and tear on parts, leading to fewer repairs and adding years to its lifespan.
- Increased comfort – By eliminating hot or cold spots and allowing for individualized temperature control, family members will experience greater comfort.
To learn more about zoning system benefits, or for any other HVAC concerns, call the experts at Ocean State Air Conditioning & Heating. We proudly serve homeowners in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com