In Northeast Florida, the late winter and the early spring are the perfect times to repair or replace inefficient parts of your HVAC system, including old and leaky ductwork. That’s because residents don’t have to rely on their heater as much as homeowners in other areas of the country. Therefore, you can turn your HVAC system off without worrying about compromising your comfort, performing any necessary tasks to prepare it for the scorching summer ahead.
Warning Signs of Leaky Ductwork
To ensure your HVAC system doesn’t waste energy and operates at peak efficiency, it’s imperative that your ductwork is clean and properly sealed. Otherwise, you risk losing conditioned air to leaks and overworking your HVAC system.
Here are five warning signs that your home’s air ducts are leaking:
- Your home’s air feels stuffy, and it’s hard to adequately heat or cool your home.
- The air quality in your home has worsened and lead to symptoms of illness.
- Dangerous fumes from appliances that vent outdoors are backdrafting into your home.
- Your energy bills are unusually higher and not corresponding with utility costs.
- Excess amounts of dust have started to gather throughout your home.
Biggest Benefits of Duct Cleaning
Properly maintaining your home’s ductwork is paramount to keeping both your family and your HVAC system healthy. A professional duct inspection and cleaning will ensure you aren’t in danger because of dirty or leaky ductwork.
Here are the biggest benefits of investing in professional duct cleaning:
- Lower energy bills
- Improved indoor air quality
- Decreased repair costs
- Prolonged system lifespan
- Reduced risk to health and safety
If you’d like your ductwork inspected and cleaned, check out Ocean’s State’s Specials page for seasonal offers. For a limited time, we’re offering a free duct inspection to homeowners in Northeast Florida to help them prepare their HVAC systems for a safe and an efficient summer ahead. Contact us at (904) 574-5619 for more details.
Image provided by Thinkstock