We sure have had a summer for the record books in Jacksonville and the extreme temperatures can really wear down your air conditioning unit. While nobody ever notices an HVAC system working, the wear and tear it accumulates over each season can cause it to stop working at a moment’s notice. There’s nothing worse than an unexpected AC system malfunction so we wanted to provide a helpful guide to how often you need Jacksonville AC service so that you can avoid headaches and discomfort!
When Should I Get HVAC Service In Jacksonville?
No two AC systems are alike which is why we recommend joining our maintenance plans that allow for twice-annual service. Just like with an oil change in a car, regular service can prolong the life of an AC system in Jacksonville so that it fires on all cylinders no matter the age or model. Our team of highly trained technicians have never met an AC system in Jacksonville that they couldn’t handle, so they’ll be able to identify potential issues long before they become a problem, saving you money and providing peace of mind.
What About an HVAC Replacement Instead?
A lot of HVAC companies in Jacksonville are owned by a larger corporation that prioritizes profit over performance so they’ll almost always try to upsell you on a brand-new, expensive system. At Ocean State, we’ve built our five-star Google rating by being honest and effective so if there’s a chance to salvage your system and save you money, we’ll immediately go that route. At the end of the day, regular Jacksonville HVAC service protects your system for the long haul and allows you to address small issues before they become big problems.
What Kind of HVAC Service in Jacksonville Can I Expect?
Our team is well-versed in every make and model of HVAC systems and we’ve won the Carrier Presidents Award EIGHT times by providing the kind of superior Jacksonville AC service you can count on. Our NATE-certified technicians will arrive on time for your maintenance appointment and identify the issues that could be affecting your AC system’s performance. Here are some of the many tasks our technicians perform when performing a system tune-up:
- Check the air filters. Clogged or dirty air filters can be a source of problems for your HVAC system in Jacksonville and not only will our techs replace them on their visit, we also offer an Air Filter Club that delivers filters to your door when you need them so you don’t have to worry about replacement filters.
- Calibrate your thermostat to ensure your system is as energy-efficient as possible.
- Minimize the friction occurring between the various components of your system so that it’s a well-oiled machine.
- Make sure the refrigerant is at the correct level. Our team is always there to be able to refill your refrigerant to get your system back to pumping cool air.
- Run tests on system and safety controls.
- Individually analyze each respective component to ensure that each one is working in tandem with the rest of the system to ensure optimum efficiency. With the summer we just had, a lot of the components were overworked so identifying any corrosion or wear early is a great way to mitigate any potential issues.
- Make sure your system is getting enough juice so that it runs at peak capacity and you don’t see a shockingly high number on your next electric bill!
Regular HVAC service in Jacksonville is absolutely essential when your system is subjected to the extreme temperatures in our area. Our maintenance plans will provide the kind of tune-ups you need to extend the life of your system and assure you’re not sweating the temperature or your energy bills. So next time you find yourself asking “How often do I need AC service?” look no further than Ocean State Air Conditioning & Heating. We take pride in being the best HVAC company in Jacksonville and we’re just a phone call away at 904-574-5619.